Our criminal defense law firm is excited to be able to give back to the community and students with dreams of practicing law. Robert M. Helfend is offering a $500 law school scholarship open to any law school student.
Robert M. Helfend understands the hard work and dedication involved in attending law school. While attending law school, Robert was committed to academic excellence and is excited to have the opportunity to assist other law students achieve their academic goals. He received his law degree from the Pepperdine University Law School and has dedicated his career to working in criminal defense. Robert has been advocate for a wide variety of clients since 1984. He truly has a sense of the commitment, responsibility and dedication it takes to excel academically and begin pursuing a career in the challenging landscape of the legal industry.
The CDLV Law School Scholarship will be completed in essay form.
Law School Scholarship Requirements
All applicants will only be considered if they meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in law school
- Applicants must be enrolled full-time
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
The scholarship deadline is July 31, 2017. The award recipient will be notified by email no later than August 31, 2017
Please Forward All Questions Regarding the Scholarship to email@example.com – Do Not Contact the Law Firm Directly.
Apply For CDLV Law School Scholarship
Submit via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Email subject line should read: “Your Name – CDLV Law School Scholarship Application”
Please send your email with attachment to a Word document or link to a Google Doc using APA.
Your email subject line must read: “Your Name – Law School Scholarship Application”
1) Cover Letter (w/Name and contact information)
- Name and contact information of law school
- Area of law you plan to practice after graduation
- Expected graduation date
2) Proof of Enrollment
- Unofficial transcript
- Official letter or email from the school
3) A 400-600 Word Essay – MS Word or Google Doc Format
– Choose one from the following topics below:
- Discuss the role of confidentiality in legal practice
- Discuss a case study in either criminal law or business law
- Discuss the procedures regarding the disclosure of evidence in criminal cases
- Discuss differences in federal and state cases
Please cite at least two sources in your essay using APA format.
Applications will be reviewed after the July 31, 2017 deadline by 3 members of our scholarship selection committee. Each member will vote on the winner based on the following criteria:
- Correct use of APA format and citations
- Applicant sent cover letter and proof of enrollment
- Topic creativity
- Organization includes introduction, supporting paragraphs and conclusion
- Word count
- Sentence structure, spelling and grammar
Once each scholarship committee member has cast their vote, they will have time to discuss their favorite entry with the rest of the committee. Committee members are forbidden to show favoritism based on personal relationships, law school of choice or legal practice of choice. The top 3 entries will be forwarded to Robert M. Helfend. From there, the winning entry will then be reviewed by Robert M. Helfend. Robert M. Helfend will choose between the top 3 entries to declare a scholarship award recipient.